Translate

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Roadtrip!

Day 1: Denton, TX to Memphis, TN

The first day of the road trip included my first time every in the state of Arkansas, and a visit to the Little Rock Central High School, known for being a centerpoint in the fight for desegregation in the South.


We arrived to Memphis in the evening and had just enough time for a team dinner at the apparently world famous Gus's Fried Chicken, before heading back to the hotel and going to bed.


I hated the idea of being in Memphis, but not visiting Graceland so I found out on the handy-dandy internet that for one hour each morning, they open up the Meditation Gardens for free, and you can visit Elvis's and his family's graves.

Day 2: Memphis, TN to Lexington, KY

Luckily my team was not opposed to getting up a bit earlier, so we were able to make it to Graceland, much to my delight. I was a little stressed, because I thought a traffic jam was going to make us miss the hour-long window of free entrance, but we made it in time, because Ana drives like a boss. It wasn't very crowded at all. There were only a few other small groups, and one guy who had Elvis tattoos on every limb.


Since we were driving through Nashville anyways, we decided to stop for a few minutes and have a look around. We saw the Ryman Auditorium, walked around the downtown area (I have no idea where we were, I just know there were lots of bars and souvenir shops), and got back on the road.


Then we rolled on into Kentucky. I was surprised to find that Kentucky looked exactly as I imagined it. Picturesque green fields with white fences and horses grazing under oak trees. Or other kinds of trees. I can't pretend like I can tell the difference. We did nothing in Lexington besides get food from Walmart and sleep, so no exciting stories there.

Day 3 - Lexington, KY to Hagerstown, MD

Probably the most uneventful leg of the trip. We stopped in West Virginia.

That's all I got.

Day 4 - Hagerstown, MD to Melville, NY

We finally made it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment